Houston, We Have a Problem
Many health problems provide warnings long before they become serious. For people interested in natural health and alternative treatments, body awareness is key. Like radio telescopes scanning the heavens for the faintest signals from space, being aware of the early whisperings of your body is important. If you ignore these ever-so-slight warnings, your body will obediently continue to increase these murmurings into something much louder to get your attention!
Those of us who are keenly aware of our body are sensitive to things like:
- Joint stiffness at certain times of the day.
- Changes in digestion or intestinal gas.
- Pain when attempting to turn or bend.
- A new and persistent cough.
- Changes in the color or size of skin moles.
- Increased frequency of urination.
- Sudden loss or increase of weight.
- Appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
- Sore throat or increased mucus production.
- Inability to fall asleep or stay asleep.
Better health comes from better body awareness. Waiting until symptoms become pronounced makes correction more difficult. If you know someone waiting for their problem to “go away on its own,” encourage them to take action before a simple problem becomes more serious.