Lower Back Pain, Your Workplace & Quality Of Life
It is commonly accepted among experts that lower back pain is related to prolonged sitting. Let’s face it, as a nation we spend plenty of time during our day doing that.
- We sit in the car
- We sit most of the day at work
- We sit watching television after our workday
It seems that the only time we are not sitting is when we’re moving from one location to the next. It should come as no surprise that back pain is a pretty common problem.
I’m not suggesting that we stop sitting; what we should do is take some simple steps to minimize the impact by making our environment more back friendly.
Here are some suggestions:
- Take interval breaks throughout your day
- Change your position as often as you sensibly can
- Get up and walk every 45 min
- Try leaning back in your chair when you can
- Stretch your spine throughout the day