Want Optimum Health? Play By the Rules!
Turns out, the quality of our health is the result of a set of very simple rules. Play by the rules and you have the best chance for optimum health. Break the rules and you’ll pay for it. Not always immediately, but eventually.
Here are 10 of the most obvious ones:
- You shall breathe. If you stop breathing, breathe in a shallow manner or inhale pollutants, there will be price to be paid.
- You shall ingest nutrition. Quality food is needed to provide the essential resources needed to fuel, grow and repair your body.
- You shall expel wastes. What goes in, must come out. If it comes out too quickly or takes too long to come out you’ll suffer.
- You shall hydrate. We’re mostly water. The key is to drink enough fluids so you never feel thirsty.
- You shall move. A sedentary lifestyle causes stagnation, poor circulation and hampers the function of the lymphatic system.
- You shall rest. Your body needs time to renew, refresh and repair. This is done largely at night while enjoying restful sleep.
- You shall adapt to your environment. The nervous system, the focus of your chiropractic care, orchestrates every cell and tissue.
- You shall love. You are the product of love. Love your Maker. Love yourself. Love others. The more you give away the more you’ve got.
- You shall forgive. You will make mistakes. You will hurt others. You will fall short of the mark. Forgive others as you forgive yourself.
- You shall die. Many try to break this one. Even medicine sees death as a disease state. It’s natural. It’s inevitable. It’s part of the plan.
There’s one more: You shall be responsible. Valuing your health and following the rules permits you to live a purposeful life. Enjoy!